Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Know any San Francisco Bay Area salons that are good for cutting/styling a teen's long thick cu

I need someone who works well with curly hair and won't cause too much pain! East Bay or SF preferred - thanks!



Know any San Francisco Bay Area salons that are good for cutting/styling a teen's long thick curly hair?

I grew up in the Bay Area %26amp; I have very long, very thick curly hair. I am now 35 years old, and what you are looking for has been a life-long quest for me! My sister used to be a model, so I had access to some of the very best hairdressers in the bay! And you know what I've found? The highest rated hairdressers are usually the worst for people with hair like ours. Why? Because the best are usually in high demand, therefore they are pressed for time. Hair like ours requires a hairdresser with patience and attention to detail.



My advice : try to find a salon that is a little quieter %26amp; slower than most (one that is not trying to match McDonald's in # of people served, if you know what I mean!). If that's not an option (or even if it is), try sitting in the waiting area and watching the stylists work. See if you can spot one who looks like they care more about the quality of the job they do than about how fast they can get through it. One last tip: when you think you've found a good one, ask them if they can thin hair using a straight edge razor.

No comments:

Post a Comment