Sunday, July 26, 2009

For Females in the military. Need some ideas for my long hair?

Besides cutting. I need ideas for putting my hair up in a bun. Or some other style. With directions on how too.



For Females in the military. Need some ideas for my long hair?

I have waist lenght hair, but this will work if it is longer too. If hair is super thick (I mean more than 2 inches diameter in a ponytail) this won't work as good though.



Here's what I do:



Pull all of your hair up like a high ponytail near the crown of your head and twist hair so it doesn't stick out any if you have shorter hairs. With both hands you want to twist the hair over the top of your head and twist it all the way down near the ends. Pull the hair back so that it will come around the twist and simply tie it in a knot. This sounds funny, but it works. Then take the ends and wrap it around the rest of the bun and secure with bobby pins until the bun is secure. You can also leave the ends out for a shorter ponytail when you aren't in uniform. This makes a nice, secure bun that is easy to do and lays flat on your head. Good Luck!



For Females in the military. Need some ideas for my long hair?

Glad I could help! Thanks! Report It



For Females in the military. Need some ideas for my long hair?

my daughter is joining the air force as this is the one force that allows to KEEP your long hair during boot camp, so long as it can be kept off your collar, otherwise its going to be cut off during boot camp...............



as your hair grows back you can experiment with all the new style you like.



For Females in the military. Need some ideas for my long hair?

One of the women I was in the Forces with Had very long hair (past her butt) She use to braid it very tight and then roll the braid up into a bun, somehow she was able to keep it up there with 1 hair elastic and 2 bobby pins



For Females in the military. Need some ideas for my long hair?

Any branch will let you keep your hair. When I was in, I cut it in boot camp cuz I couldn't make it stay up. French braiding is the best way (if you can do it yourself), or in a tight bun with no bobby pins showing. It has to be neat, otherwise you'll draw a lot of unwanted attention to yourself. You'll be like me and cut it 4 weeks in.



For Females in the military. Need some ideas for my long hair?

Have you tried the sock bun? You can also make a bun and leave some hair out and do two braids with the extra hair and tie the around the bun. Or do two twists into the bun or one french braid... I think this one looks pretty with strawberry blonde or blonde hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment